 CAD / Development / 10175
Re: TrueType font converter?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:23:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Ross Crawford wrote:
the 2 biggest things I need are probably:

1. An algorithm to approximate 2-d bezier curves with line segments

Heh, all the answers are already on lugnet.  Make an array of points
from the bezier and apply this algorithm.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=12305

2. An algorithm for filling a closed curve with tris/quads

This link has code.  I believe Steve tried it, so you can ask him what
he thinks of it.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=9874

It worked pretty well.  The main program was interesting to read, it was written
more like a whitepaper-with-actual-code rather than source-code-with-comments.
Triangle seems to be a 2D utility, I don't remember it handling 3D curved
surfaces.  But that shouldn't be a problem in this case.

Steve