 CAD / Development / 10170
    TrueType font converter? —Ross Crawford
   Does anyone know of a utility to convert TT font glyphs to LDraw DATs? I would be interested in looking at writing such a beast, if it hasn't already been done. I'm looking at this to be able to create LDraw representations of custom stickers. And (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: TrueType font converter? —Stefan Gustavson
     (...) Your best bet to get a quick result would probably be to look in some 3D graphics libraries for OpenGL and find working code to get a TT glyph out into a mesh model. Exporting a flat mesh model to LDraw format yourself is not very difficult, (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: TrueType font converter? —Ross Crawford
     (...) Thanks Stefan, I have already written the basic code to export the glyph using the FreeType library. (...) Thanks for that info too - I have now found some refs on the net. (...) the hardest part of the problem, your references will help (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: TrueType font converter? —Don Heyse
   (...) Heh, all the answers are already on lugnet. Make an array of points from the bezier and apply this algorithm. (URL) 2. An algorithm for filling a closed curve with tris/quads This link has code. I believe Steve tried it, so you can ask him (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: TrueType font converter? —Steve Bliss
   (...) more like a whitepaper-with-actual-code rather than source-code-with-comments. Triangle seems to be a 2D utility, I don't remember it handling 3D curved surfaces. But that shouldn't be a problem in this case. Steve (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)