 CAD / Development / 10155
  Animation Precision

Hello, I've been working on LD4DModeler 2 (on paper) tonight and i have a question regarding precision. The question is what is 'normal' to use for the amount of decimals that can be set by user interface controls. I was thinking 2 myself but if (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Animation Precision

(...) I don't have a compelling argument for more or less but I think that if you can build the capability for more decimals then you probably should. In my experience if you think that users will get by with less, one will invariably come along (...) (20 years ago, 19-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Animation Precision

(...) I think 2 is sufficient, but 3 "feels" safer. Once there was an extreme case where 3 wasn't enough. I had to rotate train tracks and a train from a radius of... I think it was 750, 800, and 850 LDU. Using 3 decimals on the sin and cos values (...) (20 years ago, 19-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)