 CAD / Development / *2510 (-10)
  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

(...) Personally I prefer Gary Istoc. ;-) [f-up set to lugnet.off-topic.fun] -Tom McD. when replying, spamcake roping has just been outlawed by the Montana Rodeo Commission. (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: [ldraw.org] Cover Model

(...) Certain texts are tacky. But some would be very cool. Anything that adds to the image would be good. Steve (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  New Palm Tree (was: Re: Another part variation)

(...) Aren't they horrible? The new tree would be somewhat defensible if it held together. But it's more fragile than the old multi-part trees. One step backward, and two steps back. Steve (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Bricktionary project (Was: Idea: How starting ... Lego piece naming convention?)

(...) Great. I'd love to contribute to the Lugnet Bricktionary in any way possible. Of course, I'd love to contribute to just about any effort to establish a public db for part identification and reference. Steve (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Newsgroup for this (was Re: The Bricktionary project)

(...) Sounds good. Right place in the hierarchy. (...) And it's not actually part names, but a parts identification database, right? Having standard/prefered names is good, but it's the pictures (and maybe schematics) that actually identify the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?

Doesn't seem like they were hidden to me. Just go to "www.lugnet.com", then click on the "Set Inventory Repository" link under "Links & Resources" at the left side of the page, and then select the "800 Town, Train, and other sets inventoried by Tim (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Newsgroup for this (was Re: The Bricktionary project)

This seems like it is reaching critical mass (a good thing) and perhaps at this point a dedicated newsgroup should be created for this (i.e., efforts to standardize parts nomenclature). How does lugnet.db.brictionary sound? I wouldn't quite put it (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Lego Maniac's Webring?

(...) Good idea. I created the LDraw Webring, Webring id 'ldraw.' It will be a few days before I have it online though. It will be based out of ldraw.org, but there is a possibility in the future of integrating it with the Lego Maniac's Webring if (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: The Bricktionary project (Was: Idea: How starting ... Lego piece naming convention?)

(...) Oops -- I think there has been a major misunderstanding; that's not what I meant at all. When I wrote: TSL> As they say in Canada, Minnesota, and Maine, "O-ya, it's been parta da TSL> plan since day one." :-) Lots of little prototypes and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Maniac's Webring?

(...) Why not create a ldraw.org Webring? Actually, why not do both? Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact