 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 301
300  |  302
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: ?-?circ.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 04:51:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Tore Eriksson writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Bernd Broich writes:
Tore Eriksson wrote:
I wish there were color 16 versions of the ?-?edge.dat primitives.

These are the ones I would like to see:
1-16circ.dat
1-8circ.dat
3-8circ.dat
1-4circ.dat
2-4circ.dat
3-4circ.dat
4-4circ.dat

Because:
1. Filling in curved support lines in patterned parts.
2. I need it to create special effects and for plotting splines in
LDA. 3. (Making text in a non-LEGO LDraw application)

I know, the third argument is invalid, and the second is apocryphic
and therefor I have so far kept them in my own personal P folder, but
what about the first? Are there more situations these primitives
could be useful in?

I think the ring primitives will give you a solution.
Like the 1-4rin39.dat for a thin "circle".

CU Bernd

No, the lines I'm thinking of are supposed to support the rendering of ring
primitives when zoomed out. The edge primitives could do this job if it
weren't that they use the color 24 complementary color.

/Tore

Messing around with ldraw I set the part color to 24 instead of 16, and got the
colors to invert. Try something like:
1 24 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4-4edge.dat
Though I'm not sure how well most renderers handle parts that use color 24. (I
think L3lab gives an error message?)