 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 231
    Re: ring 3 to 5 —Travis Cobbs
   (...) I don't know about all situations (POV, etc), but for real-time rendering in OpenGL, the fastest rendering generally occurs with the fewest number of triangles (assuming that the triangles specify the same final geometry). The fact is that (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

        Re: ring 3 to 5 —Steve Bliss
   (...) I understand that. But the question specified that the number of triangles (actually polygons, but feel free to assume triangles) is fixed. (...) So size of the polygons doesn't matter. Hmm. I'll have to remember that. Steve (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

        Re: ring 3 to 5 —Travis Cobbs
   (...) Well, it can matter, but isn't likely to in a LDraw renderer. It would matter if the program ever became fill-rate limited, but that usually won't happen, except with very simple models. --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)