 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 121
Re: missing lego-cad primitive: 1-4ring5.dat (modified - POV)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:22:04 GMT

"Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> writes:

Hi Hakan, I haven't forgotten you, I was actually expecting a posting from you
when I wrote this :-)

Thanks a lot ;-) Expect me to fulfill expectations ;-)

When I finish the DOS/Win32 version, I'll install my new CD-burner, make some
backup and install Linux (Mandrake 7.2). Then I'll finish the Linux version,
which has already been prepared (filename case-sensitivity).
So you'll have to be a little bit more patient than the DOS/Win32 users...

I see. Thanks for keeping me informed.

Could you be a bit more specific about what sections you wish L3P to output?
What are your exact requirements?
How much of the header do you want, if any?
Maybe send me your perl scripts, or explain what you are looking for.
Maybe I can do something special for you in stead of just dividing
the usual output in three?

It depends. Generally, I just throw the part after the floor
definition (inclusive) away, and then add my own floor, background,
camera and lightsource settings. Most of my changes are in the
camera definition to simulate the camera running in a circle around
the model, diving from above towards the model and stuff like that.
One of those days, I'll even get around to create an mpeg from all
those rendered pics I have on my computer ;-)

Another thing I do is to remove the pregenerated color
definitions and use Bram Lambrechts version (yes, I know that
you create colors with #ifdef around them, but if I have to insert
that "#include"-line, I remove your color definitions to have
a "clean" POV-File). In at least one other project, I had to
insert the "#version unofficial MegaPov 0.5;" to use megapov.

Regards,
Hakan

--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"