 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 896
Re: new part - 71014 - castle greatsword - revised
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:55:26 GMT

Franklin W. Cain <fwcain@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I updated this DAT file,
incorporating all the suggestions
that I received.

Please LMKWYT.

Nice work on the quillions (I'm sure that was fun:), and the handle is much
improved, too.  Just a few nits to point out:

Where you extended the cylinder on the handle down to the pommel and up to
the guard, type 5 lines should also be extended.  Or, you could use the
1-2cyls.dat primitive for the extension.  This is a great primitive--well
worth the time to figure out.

I would recommed using type 2 lines for the edge around the flat sides of the
blade.  Then you can use a 2-4edge at the rounded top of this section.
Because of the rounded top area, the type 5 lines you added just stop
"mid-air" when viewed in wireframe mode from the side.

-John Van