 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 82
Re: Unofficial Part: 2500 1x8 Light Bar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 06:17:22 GMT

On Sat, 29 May 1999 14:23:53 GMT, "Kevin B" <kevinb01@netfocus.net> wrote:

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message
news:FC8rCo.8Ku@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Kevin Bane writes:
I don't have this finished, it needs the openings on the bottom for the
light globes.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Why is the bottom red?  Is this a mistake?

Jeff

Man!  I GOTTA get the "Reply" and "Reply Group" buttons down! ;)

Yes, they ARE a mistake, as well as the chrome interior.  Here is a revised
part for your perusal.

Now, next question:  Should the 'lights' be a separate primitive (as far as
I know, this is the ONLY piece on which they are used), a separate piece, or
part of the piece itself?

If they are only used here, then a primitive is out.

You could use a single subfile in the parts/s directory.  But that is mainly
used for subassemblies that are used repeatedly, and where the use would
significantly save space and simplify construction.  And possibly be re-used in
other specialized parts, but does not qualify as a primitive.

In looking at the file, it appears the lights are not very large, and the
overall file size is not too bad.  In that case, you might as well inline the
lights and leave them in the file.  Remember, you can safely delete all those
extra lines beginning with zero.  Clean up the unneeded lines.

-- Terry K --