 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 691
Re: new unofficial part - the "Bone"/"Cattlehorns" piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:19:35 GMT

This looks pretty good when l3p'd, but your use of spheres at the junction
points of the cones is problematic in ldraw (ldlite, etc).  If you use the
part with a transparent color, or just use ldlite's wireframe mode, you will
see that edgelines are drawn all the way around the spheres.

For modeling the "elbows" where the cones intersect, I would suggest using a
couple pairs of 2-4cyls.dat's.  The cyls.dat is a cylinder cut off at a 45
deg. angle, but by playing with the y- component of the matrix you can get
the smaller angle of your turns.  Flip one of the pairs of cyls.dats so that
the cut ends intersect, and you'll have a nice elbow with circular ends to
match the cones.

-John Van

Franklin W. Cain <fwcain@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Here is my rendition of the Cattlehorn piece
first provided to us by LegoCo. with the Islanders
(from Pirates) and later used in Wild West, et al.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Franklin

0 Animal Cattlehorns