 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6415
6414  |  6416
Subject:
57587.dat origin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 19:41:46 GMT

Hello all, I have recently been working on 57587.dat, “Technic Cylinder 6 x 6 x 4 with Dome Top” (though I have it here titled as “Technic Dome 7 x 7 x 5” because IMHO it’s more like a dome than a cylinder).

I’ve noticed the part origin is a problem once more, and thus I’m asking if people would have ideas on where the origin is going to be instead of submitting the thing to the tracker; if I ask now I guess I get responses earlier (and the problem is quicker sorted out).

So the question is: where does the origin go in 57587.dat? I have uploaded the part in MPD form as it is at the time of writing this post here.

The X- and Y-axes are sure obvious, to the center of the part. The emphasis of this question is the origin on the Z-axis.