 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6409
Re: Comments on some unofficial Train parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:29:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Michael Heidemann wrote:
I think you are talking about these battery boxes:
your type 1
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x593c01.dat
your type 3 (note the opening for the contacts in the case)
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x560ac01.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x560bc01.dat
your type 2
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x560c01.dat

I think this is complete.
See also here: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=bb45

cu
mikeheide

Thanks, I also think this is complete (good work!). I just suggested to split
the "x560etc." into two parts, like:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=bb45b
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=bb45a

It's a question of what can be considered a part. Battery boxes are usually made
of two "parts" in real life. I'm not sure if LDraw has a standard for such
parts. Some of them are rendered as one piece but for example the battery
traincar is two-part:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/3443c01.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=x699
and the official versions of 9V batteryboxes are also split into more pieces.

...but at last, while writing this message I recalled that the x560 boxes are
assembled with a screw (which I never use) = that's not a usual LEGO way to
connect pieces so it's ok for me to keep them one-piece in LDraw :-)

Regards,
Martin