 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6408
Re: Comments on some unofficial Train parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:38:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Martin Srb wrote:
Hello everyone,
glad to see the traffic on Parts Tracker! As a railway fan I am double-glad to
see some Train-specific parts developing. However, I have noticed some issues
with part naming so I think it's better to solve them while the parts are
"unofficial". Sorry, my CAD experience is not enough to become a proper part
reviewer, that's why I'm posting this on Lugnet.

1. Train Base 6x28 with holes
There are two versions of this part on the PT, named 4093a and 4093b. However,
in real life there is also a third version. It has six round holes for bogies
each end, a round hole in the middle and two rectangular holes, that means 15
holes alltogether. This version appeared in the late 12V era and early 9V era
sets (e.g. 7817, 4543 from my collection).
Probably the 15-hole version should bear the filename 4093b and the 8-hole
version be called 4093c then.

2. Train Battery Box Car
As far as I can tell from my disassembled batterycar: the part number 3443 is
molded onto the black base. The red (blue, black) car body has no number on it.
PT can probably use some unofficial number for the car body until someone finds
a car body with numbers.

3. Battery Boxes 4.5V (rectangular, dimensions approx. 6x11x3)
There are three main types of the battery box:
Type 1 - bottom opening, bottom contacts, box and lid connected by wires
(overall height 3 bricks)
Type 2 - top opening, thin lid, bottom contacts (overall height 3 bricks)
Type 3 - top opening, thick lid, no bottom contacts (overall height 3 1/3
bricks)
The problem is that Type 2 and 3 lids can be removed completely and switched
between battery boxes (it is possible to have grey thick lid on a blue box with
bottom contacts). I think these lids should be treated as separate parts (like
the battery box car & battery box car roof).
SNIP

I think you are talking about these battery boxes:
your type 1
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x593c01.dat
your type 3 (note the opening for the contacts in the case)
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x560ac01.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x560bc01.dat
your type 2
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x560c01.dat