 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6376
Re: x210c01 ChromeSilver Drill 4 x 4 x 7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 21:49:35 GMT

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:01:28 GMT, "Philippe Hurbain"
<philohome@free.fr> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, John Jensen wrote:
Has anyone been working on this?
None I know...

I used the Peeron partnumber, would that be correct?
The official way is to ask a number to a LDraw admin. That said there are
numerous parts on tracker named px... (would be px210c01 here)

I have determined that the shape of the "body" of the drill is
extremely close to 5+(x+3)^(1/1.58), does any primitives exist that
are useable for such a curved cone shape? Or is the solution simply to
use a series of ring primitives?

Yes you should be able to use stacked cone primitives. As Travis suggested the
size of the part needs 48\ primitives.

Just to refresh my memory ( I haven't done any parts since 2951) The
48 primitives divide a circle in 48 straight lines, right? That would
for a 60 LDU diameter mean that each straight line is approx 4 LDU's
long, so using coneshapes each 4 LDU long would yield approx the same
resolution lengthwise as diameterwise, right? That's only about 40
cones, so maybe I'll go with 2 LDU.
As for the screwshape, i plan to embed it slightly into the body in
order to avoid "holes". I'll create a program that does the math and
writes the lines for me.

Good luck with the screw shape, this one is not easy!!! Maybe (but I'm not sure
how I would do that...) you could use my Pathtruder tool for that
(http://philohome.com/isecalc/pathtruder.htm)

The hole in the end is a compination of a peghole and axelhole, has
this been done as a subpart?

No. But the axlehole part is not functional here, it would not be a big mistake
to use a simple peghole.

Philo