 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6364
Re: Looking for part - Hinge Arm 2x2x6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 17:52:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Dave Heintz wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Michael Heidemann wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Dave Heintz wrote:
Hi..

I'm trying to see if the .DAT file exists for the following part:

Hinge Arm 2x2x6 with click rotation socket and black pin (Peeron lists as
x514c01)

I have not been able to find a part number on the part itself.

I am working on an animation project and have created a physical model based on
parts from the "Alpha Team Command Patrol" kit #4794.  I've reached a point
where I'd need to use a CG model and found LDRAW is working out pretty good.
I've tracked down just about all the parts I need except this Hinge Arm.  At
this point I certainly do not have the skills to create it myself.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

I don't think that there is a file for that at present. The only information I
found was this thread (http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=5406).
As it is a compound part it is much more difficult than other parts. If a mockup
will work for you I can create one (maybe only dimensions are ok) if you can
provide me the dimensions.

cu
mikeheide

Hello Mike...

Many thanks for your offer of help. I dimensioned it as best I could with a
ruler as I don't have any calipers available at the moment. If you can build
some type of mock up that would be great if you have the time.

I have a graphic (JPG) of the part with dimensions added.  Is there a way to
upload it in this forum (I see that the upload/attach options is for .DAT
files,
not sure if a graphic file would upload) or can I send it directly to you?

Once again, thanks for your assistance.

Dave

Yes, please send it direct to my emailadress.
But as I said, don't expect a perfect part.

cu
mikeheide