 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6323
Re: Custom Minifig Torso DAT files.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:21:15 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote:

   The tool I used (LDraw Design Pad) does offer an option to fit an image within a Quadrilateral but I found that useing that option distorted the image, probably because the Torso Quadrilateral is not a rectangle?

   What would be nice is if one of the preexisting tools allowed you to insert an image into a given Quad. LDraw Design Pad comes close but it seems to distort the image in order to fit it into a Quad. It would be nice if the tool would resize the image proportionally and inserted it into the Quad without distortion.

If it’s any help, this torso DAT file already contains borders which leave a nice rectangular opening in the front. Just delete everything that follows those lines and you may have an easier time adapting your images to fit the rectangular quad. You can see the photo I tried just occupies the rectangular area:

Nice designs, by the way!

Jim