 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6246
6245  |  6247
Subject:
2582/6139 Sloped Panel with Hinge are different.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:11:49 GMT

Hi,

again while reviewing LGEO parts I noticed back in 1997 I did 2852
in LGEO with a bumpy surface as standard slopes have. Of course
you cannot see this in LDRAW. Most common version of this part are
transparent and have a smooth surface in real and show number 6139.

6139 in LDRAW says "~use 2582" which is okay for LDRAW, but if
models using this are rendered in LGEO, you get the bumpy version,
currently.
I think this should be considered and made 2582 the bumpy version
and 6139 the smooth version.

As most people using 2582 in LDRAW models prefer the smooth version,
it should be considered to use 2582 for smooth and 6139 for bumpy
version, although I think it is wrong in the end. Mainly, I would
like to distuingish these two versions.

I have a (ugly) closeup of two parts:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LGEO/Misc/picture_1.jpg

The transparent ones I own mostly have 6139 printed, solid colors
do not have number.

Neither BrickLink or Peeron mention this difference, maybe they are
very rare. Mine come from 6544 I think. Newer sets (as 4728) use
the smooth 6139 version for solid colors also as it seems.

Any suggestions on this?

Regards, Lutz