 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5734
Re: New way to make Ldraw parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 06:09:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Stefan Garcia wrote:
Has anyone looked into using Blender to create new Ldraw parts?  There is a
script that reads Dat to Blender
<http://www.princeton.edu/~mplough/ldraw.html>, so perhaps it wouldn't be so
hard to flip the script?  I'm a programming noob, so I may be off base there.
As I understand it, Mlcad or the like is used to create new parts now, just
thought an alternative, and perhaps a better one at that, would be a benefit
to the community.  If I knew how to write it, I would make one in a
heartbeat, but I have emailed Plough, in the hopes that he can render
assistance.  Creating parts in a true modeling environment might also lead to
optimization of the meshes.

-Stefan-

If I recall that script won't work with the current blender version.  A better
script is here:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=9839

-Orion