 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5729
Re: Reduced versions of BBB wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:05:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tim David wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Ross Crawford wrote:
   I recently created reduced versions of the BBB train wheels. You can download the LDraw parts files here (just copy them to your parts directory and run mklist).

So thats what you and Tim were talkin about yesterday, I was most confused. Your new versions look as good as the originals, so the reduced file size was deinatly worth doing. The originals were huge (some sort of conversion from the CAD models used to make the moulds I suspect)

Thanks Tim, yes I believe the originals are from a modelling tool. And I’ll be first to admit, mine are not as accurate as the originals, I sacrificed accuracy for size. But they use a lot of primitives, which most LDraw renderers are able to optimise these days - the originals are 100% individual polygons (including the copyright notice on the back of the large wheel, which I did not include in mine). And all the important dimensions are as accurate as I could get them.

ROSCO