 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5680
Re: New part: Trailer Base 4 x 16 x 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:09:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson wrote:
We can use the part number x726, which I already have "reserved" for this part.
See http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=3551

I have only looked at the official parts library and the parts tracker
to see if this part existed.

I assume your part is BFD:ed
and makes much better use of primitives than mine,
originally authored back in
1998. Most likely better oriented than mine, too.

Yes, my part is BFD:ed and uses the latest primitives and has the same
kind of orientation as the other trailer base of that time (968.dat).

Renaming my submission of x510 to x726 is up to the PT admin to do so.

The ramp at
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=3554
needs BFC:ing and the header fixed to meet modern standards. Maybe also a change
of rotation(?)

This version looks way better than Jan copied in his reply.
As I don't have this part myself (and I'm not gonna spend $13.50 to get
me one) I cannot compare your part to the real ramp. But your file looks
very good to me (only a couple of conditional lines are missing).
Your orientation and rotation look okay to me.

Anyone free to voulenteer? I have to move once again and have no
spare time at all for the moment.

I can update your ramp (adding the missing conditional lines and making
it BFC:ed), if you like. In order to submit the part to the PT I need your
agreement (and you need to agree with the new Contributor's Agreement,
I believe)

Niels Karsdorp