 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5280
Re: Question about creating Cone 4 x 4 x 3 for LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 00:58:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Niels Karsdorp wrote:

I happened to get me a seccond hand trainset 725, including two of these cones.
So I have started on creating this part for LDraw.
By looking at the orientation of the stud and the inner details it seems that
this part was creating 45 degrees rotated.
Now should I create this part as the original design (users will have to rotate
the part 45 degrees before it can be attached to say a 4x4 plate) or should I
create this part 45 degrees rotated (so users can attach the part straight away
to say a 4x4 plate) ?

Are you saying that the LEGO on the stud is rotated 45 degrees from how you
would expect it to be aligned? Or are you saying something else.

if the former, I agree with Don, I'd have the default orientation the one that
people are most likely to want when they place the part... if someone wants to
model the logos rotated 45 degrees in POV, that's fine, some special casing may
need to be devised but I don't see it as high priority.

If that's not what you mean could you try explaining again, I didn't get what
you mean. Thanks!