 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5234
Re: Patterns suck!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 15:47:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:

here are the rules. because the level of our pow-how will start
right from the top you have to show qualification. I definitely
won't waist my time with unprepared people which have no clue about
the basics. now, I'll post my qualification below and when you think
you are fit enough post yours and join me.

the first topic to be discussed will be: bmp2dated patterns are crap!

That's true.  Bmp2dat needs some real edge tracking algorithms instead
of just runlength encoding.  Something like this.

  http://www.ipf.tuwien.ac.at/fr/buildings/diss/node94.html

It also needs an autorotate function.  Just look for the longest
straight line near 90 or 0 degrees and rotate it to exactly 90 or 0
for starters.

But what about patterns made with quad2dat.exe?  It's a more manual
procedure, but doesn't that make it better?

Don