 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4935
Re: patterned shield parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:24:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Mark Chittenden wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee wrote:
   We try to keep the pattern codes in the same series - see http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/patterns/ If you need a new code, just mail me or Steve and we’ll reserve one.

But in this case aren’t the patterns actually stickers? The latest word on this is in http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=8729, although there really should be something about this decision in the LDraw.org reference. I’ll try to put some text together.

Chris

I referenced that earlier, hence I went with 3846p4x (castle series). Set 375 did use stickers for the shields & vests, but when I tried to set these up as stickers, the end result is they either “float” off the surface or disappear into the face of the piece being stickered.

See if this posting will help you with some of your questions.

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=8719

Paul