 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4924
Re: work in progress - 33009.dat, minifig book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:52:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Thomas Garrison wrote:
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Franklin W. Cain wrote:

Please note this piece has *not* been produced (as far as I know) in
this *blank* (i.e., *un*decorated) version.  I'll still be posting the
blank version, primarily for completeness, and to serve as a guide for
anyone wanting to tackle one of the printed versions.

The picture on Peeron shows a blank version, from a Scala set.  This was
originally a Scala part, so "Scala" should also be a keyword.

I've seen many unprinted books at a fill-a-1-liter-back-for-5-euro in
a Toys'r'us in the Netherlands in many colors. I only grabbed a brown
one and a red one, so I can confirm unprinted books do exist.

Niels

Regardless of whether or not any patterned versions of a part exist, a base part
without any pattern should be submitted to the library. If there are more than a
few [1] patterned parts then a subfile structure should be created to reduce the
size of the patterned versions.

[1] few is not clearly defined, but I would use three as an acceptable
threshold.

Chris