 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4560
Re: BFC problem with s/3070bs01.dat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:13:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Kyle McDonald writes:
I'm interested in the community's take on this. My program currently
ignores whitespace entirely as if it weren't present. This means that
my program wouldn't even notice this. If this is illegal I'll have
to make some changes. :)

I personally feel that whitespace should be ignored.

I think I agree with that.  Actually, I could go either way.

However, if that is
the case, the BFC spec should probably be updated to note this.

Right.

It might also be argued that further comments after the INVERTNEXT should
also be ignored.  However, I think it would be a lot harder to argue that
the current BFC spec allows this.

I'm opposed to allowing additional comments between INVERTNEXT and the
statements it affects -- one program's 'comment' is another program's
'meta-statement'.

OTOH, if we had two meta-statements like INVERTNEXT, and it was possible
for them to both affect the same line, we'd *have* to allow additional
meta-statements/comments between the meta-statement and the statement.

Steve