 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4538
Re: Need to assign part numbers - Rotary Dial Slope Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 20:44:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, John Riley writes:
Hi all.

I'm slowing delurking across Lugnet.  I've been a member for a while, but I
just watched and learned for nearly a year.  I think I've got the LDraw
system down fairly well, so I gave a try at some patterned parts (seeing
that these are easier to do than designing a brand new piece).

Welcome.

I've designed the following which I think are ready for submission:
Slope Brick 18  4 x 2 with Orange Rectangle and Black Lines Pattern
Slope Brick 45  2 x 1 with White Rotary Dial Pattern
Tile  1 x 1 with Number 60 Pattern

The SB18 has a part number in Peeron already - 30363px1.dat   Should I go
ahead and use this one?  The pattern has only been used in the SW
Snowspeeder, so I was expecting 30363ps1.dat or 30363ps2.dat

No - there is currently no linkage between the peeron pattern numbers (which
just start with x1 and increment) and the official LDraw pattern numbers which
we try to categorise. So please do use 30363ps1.

The other two do not have part numbers assigned already.  The base files for
each are
3040.dat for the SB45 (used in numerous town sets in the 80's, like
6391)3070B.dat for the Tile (used in 6381, maybe a few others?)

Is this the correct forum for getting patterned part numbers assigned?

Yes - this is as good a place as any.
Please use 3040p02 for the rotary telephone dial pattern.
Please use 3070bp05 for the #60 tile (I'd like to reserve p01 thru p04 for the
single black digit 1,2,3 tiles which have been around for a whilt and the white
4 from the HP Privet Drive set.

For now, I'll post the SB45 brick up here as 3040pROT.dat.  It's fairly
large (it was huge when I first did a pixelated version used BMP2DAT), but
it's a complex pattern.  I have a few concerns for it.  Getting rings to fit
around rings was a challenge, especially for my first time using subparts.
I'm not sure if I've got the fit quite right.  Good practice for when I get
out of patterns, though.  The other two pieces are rather straight forward.

Thanks, and LMKWYT,
John Riley
LUGNET # 1713

I've reserved these codes on the Parts Tracker, for eaxmple
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptpatterns.cgi?p=3070b
Chris