 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4518
  Modelise inner details or use more standard primitives ?

I have a problem with the part Technic Pneumatic T Piece (URL) have two options - modelling a very accurate part, with inner details, but for this would produce a part with less standard primitives cylinder or sphere. - using as many as possible (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Modelise inner details or use more standard primitives ?

(...) There was this unofficial generic rule that details smaller than 1 LDU may be omitted. I don't know if it is still valid. Another good rule, always valid, is common sense... :o) /Tore (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Modelise inner details or use more standard primitives ?

(...) I think having the interior open would be a good thing for this part. However, we're rapidly approaching 1000 files backlogged on the Tracker. So I'm getting more willing to let stuff through that can be improved later. Steve (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Modelise inner details or use more standard primitives ?

(...) I think the way it exists now is best. How noticeable is it that the sphere has no holes in it. Even if the part is transparent, the fact the the holes do not pass through the sphere is barely noticeable. Plus since this part is small in size, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)