 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4520
Re: Modelise inner details or use more standard primitives ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 18:02:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Marc Klein writes:
I have a problem with the part Technic Pneumatic T Piece
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/4696.dat

I have two options
- modelling a very accurate part, with inner details, but for this would produce a part with less standard primitives
cylinder or sphere.
- using as many as possible standard primitives to reduce the file size and have better results with tools like Povray.
But in this case, almost invisible inner detail cannot be modelised.
What should I do ?

I think having the interior open would be a good thing for this part.
However, we're rapidly approaching 1000 files backlogged on the Tracker.  So
I'm getting more willing to let stuff through that can be improved later.

Steve