 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4506
Re: String and Rope
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 22:41:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Karl Asha writes:
Are there official parts for use in generating string and rope segments? I
couldn't seem to find anything even after searching through all the
descriptions.

I do not believe there are. I made an unofficial part for generating black
string. It's not very high fidelity but worked for me.

I could post it if there was interest.

That'd be good if you could Lar. I started working on a string segment with
a braid pattern on it, but it didnt work well with the belt generator, and I
think it'd be difficult to get one that does without a lot of work. I
thought about writing a string generator that doesn't mess with the segment
lengths, and I may do that one day, but it won't be for a while.

FWIW, I am currently using a cylindrical white belt to depict string 8?)

ROSCO