 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4363
4362  |  4364
Subject:
How to do Gray train wheels (2878.dat)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:45:58 GMT

I just had occasion to draw something using 2878.dat which are the 9V era
large train "wheels" (actually an assembly of the 2879 wheel/axle and the
holders, misnamed as wheels)

This entire part seems to be done with "Main color" at least in the version
that I have...

I would argue that the 2879 reference should be done as black, and only the
rest of the part done as maincolor, because the gray ones supplied in set
10020 (and 22/23) have black wheels.

I looked in Parts Tracker but did not see 2878 in the unoffical file list.
The actual change to the part is dead easy, I changed it in my version.

What do people think? Is this the right way to handle this? Did the change
happen already and I missed it?

I could actually submit this part if the consensus was that it was a good
change. Thanks!

++Lar