 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4158
4157  |  4159
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: LDRAW-MODE for EMACS question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 14:14:17 GMT

"Dave Astolfo" <dastolfo1@cogeco.ca> writes:

I am new to LDRAW-MODE for EMACS and am having some difficulty working with
the tutorial.  I am trying to work with the bezier curve tutorial:
http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/bezier-curve/

I have performed the following while working with the file:
C-c C-b
I get the prompt for the length (96)
I get the prompt for the segments (25).
When I get to the prompt for the segment, I enter hose-seg.dat and get the
following error:

wrong type argument number-or-marker-p, nil

I answered this in a mail to you, but I would like to quickly summary
what I think may be wrong.  When issuing the command with C-c C-b, it
is important that the cursor is on the first of the end-points, that
is, the first of these four lines:

1 1 10 0 -20 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 4459.DAT
1 14 50 0 -20 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 4459.DAT
1 14 60 -20 10 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0 4459.DAT
1 1 60 -20 50 0 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 0 4459.DAT

If you put the cursor on any other line, it will generate the error
message you saw, which is not very helpful, I'm afraid.

I think this was a bit imprecisely described in the tutorial, so I
changed the wording a bit.  I'm sorry if this was the cause of your
problem.

Failing that, there is a second way to insert this kind of hose, and
it is described here:

    http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/index.html#bezier

You will see that the third example illustrates a way to insert a
flexible hose.  You can put this in the Emacs buffer:

0
1 1 -50 0 0 0 -17.31 -0.5 1 0 0 0 -10 0.86 76.dat
1 1 0 0 60 1 0 0 0 0 -1 0 20 0 76.dat
0

Put the cursor on the first of the lines with 76.DAT, press C-c C-b
and type 82 and hit return.  This should insert a hose of length 82
between the two end points above.

I will of course be happy to try to resolve any other problems you may
experience with LDraw-mode.

Fredrik