 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3816
Re: Minifig "cloth" cape version 2?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 13:21:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Paul Easter writes:
The is another version of the cape. Sorry, it's not perfect, but none the
less it's available. I might play with it some more when time allows.
LMKWYT

It's great!  The only thing you might want to do, and this is the only thing
for this version, is maybe smooth out the slightly angled join where the
curves meet.  This cape is wonderfully full looking and perfect for regular
minifigure use.  Renders beautifully from the front!

My wish list for the cape would include a "b" version that allows for the
use of a 2x2x2 slope skirt on a minifigure, where the cape curves out behind
the skirt slope and doesn't intersect with the lines of the slopes as does
the current version.  Such a cape might be more authentic, the cloth capes I
have seem to curve out at a greater angle than the one you have designed --
but the one you have posted probably works better with a regular minifigure.

I get the idea the curves were plotted using some tool and not just by hand,
can you describe your process here?  Or link me to your tools?

I don't know about how such an element is recieved by others, but I really
love it.  It looks so cool!  A great finishing touch for CAD minifigures, to
be sure.

A thousand thanks!

-- Hop-Frog