 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3740
Re: CMDLINE meta-statement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 00:57:22 GMT

What does CMDLINE mean? I haven't understand until now.

("http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/faq/")

The CMDLINE meta-statement is a way of permitting a file's author to *document*
certain run-time commands which can be considered as default or required for
the file in question.

For example, most minifig faces are printed on yellow minifig heads. Therefore,
it would be appropriate for such a DAT file to have the meta-statement:

    0 CMDLINE -c14

Note that the "-c14" is the run-time command to tell LDraw that the file in
question is to be rendered with the "base" color of Yellow (color-14).

Note, also, that most rendering programs do *not* execute this meta-statement.
As stated previously, this is a (formalized) comment.

Hope this helps!  ;-)
Franklin