 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 359
Re: 3298p57
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:13:01 GMT

Patrick Sayre-Little <wsayreli@polymail.calpoly.edu> wrote in message
news:37BB4EBB.57203726@polymail.calpoly.edu...
I'm guessing that's the right number, based on p55 and p56.
This is my first attempt at a pattern-at-an-angle, so let me know how it • looks.
The inside triangle threw me: it doesn't look exactly right upon closer
inspection.  Is there something I can do better?
Also, I've started work on another #4 pattern, with a black 4 and red stripes;
my question is, how do the stripes line up?  The part I've got seems to be
slightly misaligned.

Patrick,

For the inside, color 16 triangle, I would suggest a larger triangle.  The inner
slanted yellow line looks too thick.  And I would recommend following Steve
Bliss' excellent advice by using quads that share common vertices.  For the
inner yellow triangle, each of the three quads would use two points of the
innermost grey triangle, and two points of the outside of the yellow triangle.
I hope this makes more sense to you than it does to me :)

Also, when making patterned parts, type 2 lines should not be used to represent
lines on the pattern (like your black lines).  These lines don't scale, so at
higher magnification they are smaller than they should be.  Use thin black quads
for this.

-John Van