 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 358
Re: s0384a.dat Lego Times Sticker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:57:06 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:37bb1fed.90061688@lugnet.com...
On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:00:27 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

Any of you caliper people have a stickered part handy?

The actual thickness of a sticker doesn't matter as much as how the sticker
renders in LDraw, et al.

Steve

Then you're talking about a thickness > 2 LDU, right?  It seems we are stuck
with ugly stickers in LDraw, and even LDLite for the time being.  But I think
having the option of ugly stickers is better than no stickers at all.  Even if
they are "ugly" it will at least be obvious which part is stickered, so for
building it may not matter much.

And, at least the stickers (even at 1 LDU thick) will show up nicely in POV-Ray.
(Secondary consideration, I know, but still important.)

-John Van