 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3583
3582  |  3584
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Subject:
Firelogo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 10:01:42 GMT

Hi,

When I took a closer look at existing parts that use the fire logo
(the three flames in red, orange and yellow on a black surface)
I noticed a gap between the yellow flame and the black surface.
I also noticed that two parts 4209p01 and 4346p01 both have the
base brick and the logo as a sticker inside the .dat-files and
both use a different color for the orange flame.
I wondered if it would be better to make the firelogo a subpart
so it can be reused whenever neccessary. And for both mentioned
bricks, wouldn't it be better to include the base brick as one
part and the fire logo as a subpart.

For example, 4209p01 would be something like this:
0 Hose Reel  2 x  4 x  2 Holder with Fire Logo Pattern
0 Name: 4209p01.dat
1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4209.dat
1 16 -41 25 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 s\spfire.dat
1 16 41 25 0 -1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 s\spfire.dat
0

For this example I used the filename spfire.dat for the fire logo subpart.
How are your oppinions about this?

And what would be the right color for the orange flame in the fire logo?

Best regards Niels