 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 347
Re: 6056 - Brick 2 x 2 x 6 with Groove
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 03:38:00 GMT

Adam Howard wrote:

hi Joshua,

Scott R Dennett wrote:

What is this piece from?? I've never seen it before. Is it a
newer
piece??

Joshua Delahunty wrote:

Terry has been talking about a strong suggestion that all new
element submissions mention at least one set that the element
comes or came in, but I don't suppose that's come to pass yet.

Oh... I hope not.  My sets have gone to the four corners of my storage area.
Not many are still in their original boxes, and it would probably take me
eons to figure out which one some pieces came from.  Yikes, I hate the
thought of spending hours looking through my instruction booklets to find
one set that an unusual piece came from.

The point of such a move would be to limit this kind of puzzlement for
voters when new elements come out.  It only needs to be a single set,
and even a hint would help a lot in most cases ("from Star Wars sets",
"gear from very old (1960's) BASIC set", etc.).

I'll abide by whatever the group
decides on this, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

As with most everything in this volunteer organization <g>, it will be
in the form of a request, not a requirement, I'm sure.

Couldn't we just trust
that the part author must have gotten it from some Lego brand set.

The point of this would not be to verify authenticity, it would simple
make it easier for people to place the element "out of context".

As far as what the piece is for:  It is used as a groove for a portcullis to
slide through.  It probably has a lot of other uses too, I just haven't
figured any out yet.  I do wish this piece came in yellow.  Anyone seen one?

The list I posted is, AFAIK, exhaustive as of the present time.  These
things always change, of course.  I'd check very carefully with the
Fantasy
Belville sets that are in the latest S@H catalog, there could be a
possibility
of them there, I would think.