 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 326
Re: 6056 - Brick 2 x 2 x 6 with Groove
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 16:56:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 13:02:26 GMT, "Jeff Stembel" <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote:

This is my second part, the 2x2x6 Brick with groove.
One thing I didn't model on this part was the small hole in the bottom
half-stud.  Is this okay, or should it be there?

I haven't looked at the part yet, if you mean one of those underside-studs,
such as are found in 1x plates, the hole doesn't need to be there.  And if
you didn't use the appropriate stud primitive for that part of the part,
you should have.

Good.  A stud primitive wouldn't work there because it is only half a stud.  If
you get a chance to render it, you'll see what I mean.  You can also look at
part 4216, as it has the same underside.

P.S.  Could someone tell me what should go into the KEYWORDS field?  Also,
what is the 'not CW-compliant' Statement mean in some of the parts?  Thanks!

There's not a good definition of what goes in keywords.  Basically, any
information that you think would help people find the part on a
text-search, but doesn't appear in the part-name.  Geometry, related
themes, synonyms for terms, all these are fair entries.

Hmmm...  I guess I could go with this then:
0 KEYWORDS garage, portcullis, castle

CW means clockwise.  A quad/triangle is considered CW if the points are
specified clockwise, while looking at the shape from the outside.  A part
is CW-compliant if all its quads/triangles are CW.  'Not CW-compliant'
indicates the author is aware that the part is not CW-compliant.

Rendering tools can take advantage of CW knowledge to speed up rendering.
But they also have to know when CW doesn't apply.

Is it very important that I make it CW-compliant if possible?  How do I Make it
CW-compliant, anyways?

Jeff