 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3426
Re: New Part: x744.dat - Technic Gear 42 Tooth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:45:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson wrote:

(Another problem is that when using BFC primitives, they often "disappear"
for me in L3Lab, and I have to turn the BFC option off to see them. I guess
it's because I haven't learned how to use them correctly. But I don't think
that's the case with this part.)

One of the main limitations (bugs?) in L3Lab is that it assumes the main
file is BFC'able, whether it's marked that way or not.  I think that
comes from the assumption that the main file will generally be a model,
and models are generally BFC-ok -- model files don't usually have
polygon commands, so winding isn't an issue.  Unfortunately, this isn't
true for parts.  So when non-BFC parts are viewed directly in L3Lab, it
tends to cull polygons that shouldn't be culled.

Steve