 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3418
Re: 2618.dat Aquanaut Bubble Base (Updated, Again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:37:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky writes:
One question:

The hollow studs on the outside rim couldn't be modeled with primitives
above a certain level.  Therefore if you look at them with LDView you see a
smooth cylindar for the top and a 16 sided cylindar for the rest, due to
primitve substituion.  Should I leave it be with the existing stud2
primitive or should I extend the existing quads and use a ring primitive to cap?

Look at an inverted slope brick file (like, ummm,
<http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3660>) to see how the problem
is solved using the p-files stud2a.dat and 2-4cyls.dat.  stud2a.dat is the
same as stud2.dat, except there are no edgelines around the base of the
stud.  2-4cyls.dat is a 'sloped cylinder', used to model the lower part of
the extended stud.

Keep those critiques flowing, I greatly appreciate them. As for the part:
here's the DAT, updated with Steve's and Buckhard's suggestions.

It looks very nice.  But it's upside down now. :O

Steve