 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3300
Re: New Part: 168135s01.dat - Sticker Technic Supercar 4x4x4 Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:12:16 GMT

Hi all,

"Imre Papp" <ipapp@geometria.hu> wrote:

Before I submit to the part tracker it is necessary to discuss some issues.
I made decisions in some questions on my own and I'd like to have them
validated by the other part authors.

1. The sticker is a 1 LDU thin box (or whatever shape is the sticker), the
pattern is on the top of the box.

I think the height of the box can be 0.2-0.25 LDU (0.2 is the minimum I tested
in some LCAD-programs), this is in the near of the real thickness of the stickers.

2. The box is not a real box, because it has no edge lines, since it is
unnecessary to emphasize edge of the sticker.
3. The color of the thin box corresponds to background color of the sticker
pattern.
4. The sticker pattern is modelled by real colors, they are unmodifiable
from outside, so there are no 16 color lines.
5. The name of the part file begins with 'Sticker ...', thus this implies
the introduction of a new category.

I didn't resolved the problem file name problem. The sticker sheet number
has 6 digits (at least in this case), suffixing it with sXX style serial
number gives 9, and that breaks 8.3 file name rule. Please suggest a solution.

If the decisions are acceptable (even if  make alternative decisions) and
file naming problem is solved then I will submit the sticker to the part
tracker.

I also have a lot of stickered parts and want to make them, but I don't have the
numbers of them, so it would be helpful if there is an alterative for naming.

CU Bernd