 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3298
Re: New Part: 168135s01.dat - Sticker Technic Supercar 4x4x4 Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:32:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Imre Papp wrote:

I prepared the first sticker for the 8880 Technic Supercar set. ( The rough
scans of the stickers can be viewed here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=10337).

The DAT file and some test pov renderings can be found here
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=11384. I stuck the sticker
on two 1x8 tiles, the same way as it appears in te supercar set. To make
contrast I changed the color of the tiles to yellow.

Looks good!

1. The sticker is a 1 LDU thin box (or whatever shape is the sticker), the
pattern is on the top of the box.
2. The box is not a real box, because it has no edge lines, since it is
unnecessary to emphasize edge of the sticker.
3. The color of the thin box corresponds to background color of the sticker
pattern.
4. The sticker pattern is modelled by real colors, they are unmodifiable
from outside, so there are no 16 color lines.
5. The name of the part file begins with 'Sticker ...', thus this implies
the introduction of a new category.

I'm ok with all of these points.  There doesn't seem to be a problem
with bleed-thru at normal resolution (at least, L3Lab doesn't have a
problem), so the 1LDU-thick box is OK.

I didn't resolved the problem file name problem. The sticker sheet number
has 6 digits (at least in this case), suffixing it with sXX style serial
number gives 9, and that breaks 8.3 file name rule. Please suggest a solution.

Instead of a three-character suffix, drop the 's' and use a one or
two-character alphabetic suffix.  For this sticker, name the file
168135a.dat.

Steve