 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3271
Re: Java - Viewer for dat-files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:14:07 GMT

"Jacob Sparre Andersen" <sparre@nbi.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3C4D4CAE.5B75B256@nbi.dk...
Bernd Broich wrote:

Actually I have a program version, and I collect ideas and interests for
the applet. So for the part files there are three ways to do:
- the library is on the server, and the needed parts are downloaded

The parts library is already available as individual parts
on the LDraw.org server.

So I can include a request to LDraw.org for missing pieces.

- the library is on the client and the needed parts are locally loaded
- the library is partially on the client and the missing pieces are loaded from the server

I think, the best will be:

The applet has a zip or single-dat for the part, the user want to show,
if the client has a local library, and the restrictions allows to access it,
locals are used (it's faster than download I think) and finally the applet
looks on LDraw.org for missing pieces.

Sascha