 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3053
    Layers in patterns allowed? —Carsten Schmitz
   Hello! I am jsut wondering if layers are allowed in creating patterns. For example the ufo patterns. You have there circles on ellipses on rings and so on and it would be very hard to fill the spaces with triangles. after doing the complicated (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

        Re: Layers in patterns allowed? —Chris Dee
   (...) Using this layering technique for patterns is generally discouraged as many DAT rendering programs (including the original LDraw) are unable to correctly display close parallel surfaces. For this reason we have avoided creating patterned parts (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)