 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3002
Re: New part : 973p4a - Minifig Torso with Castle Bodice Pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 14:09:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee writes:
Here is the "castle maiden" torso - as this exists in green and blue, I have
hardcoded background and made the part colour determine the bodice/necklace
colour. Please LMKWYT - Chris

Here's what I think.... that part is SW33T!!! Very nice work.

I thought it was fun to view it in MLCad in draw to current mode and just
sit on the page down key and see the part come together "stitch by stitch"
so to speak.

One question I had was when I was really really zoomed in I saw some
differences in shading between adjacent quads. Is that an MLCad artifact due
to the fact that I was using the 3d view, or are those quads actually
noncoplanar? I don't THINK they are because they're all at foo,bar,-10.000
for position values.

(that's probably a dumb question. Which is why it's probably a good thing I
ain't a part reviewer...)

Thanks, Chris.

Thanks - but I don't seek praise, by asking LMKWYT. Maybe I should ask "let me
know if you find any problems" (LMKIYFAP).

I think that must be an MLCad artifact, because the pattern is all coplanar. I
see something simlilar on the base torso part at hi-zoom in MLCad but the
differnet shading does not relate to individual quads or triangles and
it changes if I slightly rotate the part.

Chris