 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 298
    Re: Part number needed & New primitive submission —Adam Howard
   (...) Window (...) is (...) I disagree. There are a number of pieces (just about all) that need to be rotated one way or another to achieve the look you want. The design of xxxx just takes into account the rotational axis as an aid in positioning (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Part number needed & New primitive submission —Steve Bliss
   (...) Hmm. That's not *exactly* the intended guideline. Rotatable parts should be positioned so the axis of rotation lies on one of the major axes. That way, the part can be easily rotated to any angle. (...) But the A key function is only useful if (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Part number needed & New primitive submission —Adam Howard
   Thought experiment was very convincing. I'll redo the part so that the axis of rotation is around the x axis (I'll check the orientation of 30044 first to make sure the axis is correct). This way you'll only have to move the part in the y direction (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, lugnet.cad.dev)