 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2867
Re: 3997 Nowhere to be Found???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 21:43:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Christopher Watson writes:
Hello all. I am a new LDRAW/MLCAD user, and am learning quickly. Today, for
the fun of it, and for learning purposes, I built up a model of the tow
truck in set 6468 (my son has it). Suddenly, I realized that the latest
complete parts download does not include a DAT file for part 3997 (the part
is actually molded with the number 3997-001). That's the tow truck's
"crane", which the winch's cable runs over. I checked the unofficials, and
there's nothing there either. Hasn't anyone done up this part? What's my
best bet for getting it now? Do I humbly ask someone else to do it? Or
should I learn how to create new part models and make my own unofficial?

-Christopher

I discovered the same thing a few months ago, so I created the necessary
parts.  But I have not been able to find out what to do with them.  I am new
to this organization.  I made a tow tower, a tow hook, and the hook and
tower together.  Where or how should I send the .dat files?

-Dean