 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2808
2807  |  2809
Subject:
Error in Technic axle extender?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:08:22 GMT

The Technic axle extender (6538.dat) may have an error.

If you view an axle extender from an end and rotate it so that an inserted
cross-axle would look like a "plus" (+) sign, the physical part will have
detents around the circumference at 0, 90, 180, and 270 degrees, but the DAT
file has the detents at 45, 135, 225, and 315 degrees.

Judging by the DAT file, I assume that the interior design of the part
changed at some point in a similar way to the 1/2 bushing (I don't have any
old axle extenders to compare with), but I would be very suprised if TLC
actually rotated the exterior details 45 degrees with no obvious benefit.

Or is the DAT file actually correct for the previous design of the part?

-Gary