 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2571
Re: Where, oh where, can I get a part number for a patterned piece?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 23:11:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, James Jackson writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, James Jackson writes:
Speaking of pattern numbers, I have created the gold-faced android head and
developed a fix to the silver one (3626Bp63.dat), so that both parts are
compatible. My problem is that numbers on both sides of the head are • claimed
by
other groups. For example, the *p64.dat series is claimed by Unitron, and • the
*p62.dat series is claimed by part of Ice Planet 2002. I could do as I have
proposed for minifig shortcuts (i.e. 979p63a.dat & 979p63b.dat), but would • run
short of characters ("3626Bp63b.dat" is more than 8 characters). So my • question
is, what number do I try to give this new head, even though it has very • little
difference from the first?

I'd go with p64, as we know that there are no Unitron patterned heads.

There actually is one... the smiley with Silver CyberVisor pattern. It is • later
used in RoboForce.

Sorry, my mistake - you're right. But seeing as this is not unique to UniTron,
I'd still go with p64.

Chris

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do that.
-- James J.