 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2439
Re: I need to see a man about a horse...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 15:36:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Royce Fay writes:
:-)

I've noticed that there is a few DATs for Horse parts:

Animal Horse Hitching
Animal Horse Hitching with Hinge
Animal Horse Saddle with One Clip
Animal Horse Saddle with Two Clips

...but I don't see the horse...

Does anyone have a Horse DAT?

Tore Eriksson was working on that, but the work didn't proceed for about a
year. I asked him about the horse dat recently for the same reasons (I want to
use a horse in some of my models), so he sent me the files as he had left them
and offered me the chance to take them up where he left off. That was just this
past weekend.

I plan to send Tore a progress report this weekend, since I've been working
somewhat on the horse's head. As he left the horse, the left and right sides
were mostly finished except for parts of the tail. The head, however, was
little more than an outline, the rotation ring, and a few parts of the nose.

My changes so far are as follows: I've added the horse's eye and the upper
diamond-shaped connector for the harness. The portion of the harness that
extends from the diamond connector to the ring on the nose has been added. I've
filled in the sides around the main ring and the bottom portion of the nose.
(There was an error on the nose, actually. A couple of triangles were misplaced
and a primitive was used that extended past the boundary of the nose itself.
This has been fixed.) I am at the moment working on the mane, where it's my
difficult task to throw in triangles and quadrilaterals to make it look
"etched", which is difficult when the surface you're etching is curved. I don't
intend to be very precise about the mane; I'll include the correct number of
triangles but I don't feel compelled to measure them carefully.

Still to do: The mane must be completed. I need to finish the reins including
the circular portion extending from the neck to the diamond connector to just
past the ears. The sides of the horse's head have to be filled in, though
larger triangles will probably suffice. The ears must be finished; they aren't
even quite separate at the moment, just existing as outlines. Quadrilaterals
must fill in between the edge lines along the top of the head. And finally,
all the changes I'm making to the right side of the face must be mirrored to
the left; I'm keeping them separate to simplify that task. After the head is
done it's just a matter of finishing up the tail.

Lee Gaiteri